Manufacturing in Maryland today is evolutionary. The state's diverse, high caliber industry sectors — aerospace and defense, information and technology, cybersecurity, biotechnology and energy and sustainability are energizing the emergence of new products and services while transforming manufacturing and production for the 21st century and beyond.
With an enviable strategic location, a highly skilled workforce, excellent education system, superior transportation infrastructure and desirable quality of life, Maryland provides more opportunities per square mile to start, locate, or expand your business.
For more information, contact Carl Livesay at (410) 456-4260.
Featured Company: Gamse Lithographing
Since 1896, Gamse Lithographing Company
, has produced and printed labels for millions of everyday items in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Rosedale in Baltimore County, the company’s clients include Crayola, Heinz, Yuengling, Walgreens and Walmart.
- Employment (2013) -106,450 jobs
- Leading subsectors:
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing - 18,600 jobs
- Food manufacturing - 14,400 jobs
- Chemical manufacturing - 11,900 jobs
- Printing and related activities - 7,900 jobs
- Business establishments (2013) - 3,680
- Total wages (2013) - $7.37 billion
- Average salary (2013) - $69,210
- Gross state product (2012) - $20.03 billion
- Federal procurement (FY2013) - $4.19 billion
- Exports (2012) - $11.7 billion