The mission of the Maryland Economic Development Commission is to establish economic development policy in the State and to oversee DBED's efforts to support the creation, attraction and retention of businesses and jobs. Founded in 1995, the 25 voting member Commission draws upon the expertise of the State's business leaders to inform State economic development efforts by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the State's business climate and recommending to the Governor the policies, programs and spending priorities needed.
Susan J. Ganz is the Chief Executive Officer of Lion Brothers Company Inc., a manufacturing firm based in Baltimore, Maryland. Lion Brothers Company Inc. is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of embroidered and appliquéd emblems. Lion is a female-owned business that operates manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and China employing more than 700 individuals worldwide. Susan obtained an MBA in Finance and Multinational Management from Wharton.
- Timothy Hodge; Principal, Miles & Stockbridge; Chair, MEDC Business Climate Sub-Committee
- A. Reza Jafari; CEO, E-Development International; Chair, MEDC Innovation, Commercialization & Entrepreneurship Sub-Committee
- Timothy Adams; Founder/CEO, SA-Tech, Inc.
- Paul Ausley; President, Ausley Associates, Inc.
- Ward Barney; COO, Cadista Pharmaceuticals
- Thomas Burlin; President/CEO, Burlin Consulting Service
- Angela Franco; President/CEO, Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Seth Goldman; President/TeaEO, Honest Tea
- Nicholas Johansson, Esquire; Counsel; Whiteford, Taylor & Preston
- Dr. Landon King; Executive Vice Dean, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Raj Khera; CEO, MailerMailer
- Williams "Brit" Kirwan; Chancellor, University System of Maryland
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Ricardo Martinez; Chairman/CEO, Project Enhancement Corp.
- John McLaughlin; President/CEO, DAP Products, Inc.
- Ellen Moyer; Former Mayor of Annapolis
- David Severn; Esquire/Principal, Severn & Kresslein, PA; Chair MEDC Regional Diversity & Infrastructure Subcommittee
- A. Nayab Siddiqui; President, Scientific Systems & Software International Corporation
- Robert Smelkinson; Chairman (retired), Smelkinson Sysco Food Services, Inc.
- Dana B. Stebbins; Esquire/President & CEO, The Cornelius Group
- Harold Stinger; Chairman of the Board, Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), Inc.
- Dominick Murray; Secretary, DBED
- Harold Adams; Chairman Emeritus, RTKL Associates, Inc.
- James C. Dinegar; President & CEO, Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Don Fry; President, Greater Baltimore Committee
- Jeff Fuchs; Director, Maryland World Class Consortia
- Ackneil M. Muldrow II; CEO, Parker Muldrow & Associates, LLC
Stacey Harvey-Reid, Office of Strategic Industries & Innovation
Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development
401 E. Pratt St, 15th floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
The upcoming meeting dates for 2014 are:
- July 15, 10 am-noon, 17th Floor Conference Room, World Trade Center Baltimore (WTCB)
- September 17, 1-3 pm, WTC 17th Floor Conference Room, WTCB
- November 5, 10 am-noon, 17th Floor Conference Room, WTCB