The mission of the Maryland Economic Development Commission is to establish economic development policy in the State and to oversee DBED's efforts to support the creation, attraction and retention of businesses and jobs. Founded in 1995, the 25 voting member Commission draws upon the expertise of the State's business leaders to inform State economic development efforts by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the State's business climate and recommending to the Governor the policies, programs and spending priorities needed.
Anirban Basu, Chariman Chief Executive Officer of Sage Policy Group (SPG), is one of the Mid-Atlantic region's leading economic consultants. Prior to founding SPG he was Chairman and CEO of Optimal Solutions Group, a company he co-founded and which continues to operate. Anirban has also served as Director of Applied Economics and Senior Economist for RESI.
Mr. Basu has written several high-profile economic development strategies, including co-authoring economic development strategies for Baltimore City and Baltimore County, Maryland. He earned a Masters in Public Policy from Harvard University, a Bachelors in Foreign Service from Georgetown University and his J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law.
- Vacancy, Co-Chair
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Timothy Adams; Founder/CEO, SA-Tech, Inc.
- Ward Barney; COO, Cadista Pharmaceuticals
- Angela Franco; President/CEO, Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Landon King; Executive Vice Dean, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Williams "Brit" Kirwan; Chancellor, University System of Maryland
- Ellen Moyer; Former Mayor of Annapolis
- Dana B. Stebbins; Esquire/President & CEO, The Cornelius Group; Chair, MEDC Business Climate Subcommittee
- Edward M. Dunn; CEO of American Mechanical Services
- Timothy Hodge; Principal, Miles & Stockbridge
- Ricardo Martinez; Chairman/CEO, Project Enhancement Corp.
- A. Nayab Siddiqui; President, Scientific Systems & Software International Corporation
- Robert Smelkinson; Chairman (retired), Smelkinson Sysco Food Services, Inc.
- Harold Stinger; Chairman of the Board, Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), Inc.
- Howard B. Bowen; CEO of Ewing Oil Company
- James T. Brady; Board Member of Dunbar Armored, Inc. and former Secretary of DBED
- Raymond J. Briscuso, Jr.; Executive with MedTech Conference Partners
- Martin P. Brunk, CPA; Partner and Managing Director of McGladrey, LLP
- Brian C. Rogers; Chair of T. Rowe Price Group
- Robert L. Wallace; President and Chief Executive Officer of Bith Group Technologies
- Julian B. Wills, Jr.; Chairman, President and CEO of The Wills Group, Inc.
- R. Michael Gill, Sr.; Secretary of Business & Economic Development
Stacey Harvey-Reid, Office of Strategic Industries & Innovation
Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development
401 E. Pratt St, 15th floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
Thursday, May 21, 2015, 3pm-4:30pm
The World Trade Center, Baltimore
401 East Pratt Street, 17th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202