The mission of the Maryland Economic Development Commission is to establish economic development policy in the State and to oversee DBED's efforts to support the creation, attraction and retention of businesses and jobs. Founded in 1995, the 25 voting member Commission draws upon the expertise of the State's business leaders to inform State economic development efforts by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the State's business climate and recommending to the Governor the policies, programs and spending priorities needed.
Maryland Economic Development Commission members meet with Governor Hogan in Annapolis. View more MEDC photos in the Governor's photo gallery.
Anirban Basu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Sage Policy Group (SPG), is one of the Mid-Atlantic region's leading economic consultants. Prior to founding SPG he was Chairman and CEO of Optimal Solutions Group, a company he co-founded and which continues to operate. Anirban has also served as Director of Applied Economics and Senior Economist for RESI.
Mr. Basu has written several high-profile economic development strategies, including co-authoring economic development strategies for Baltimore City and Baltimore County, Maryland. He earned a Masters in Public Policy from Harvard University, a Bachelors in Foreign Service from Georgetown University and his J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law.
- Martin Brunk, CPA; MEDC Vice-Chair; Office Managing Partner, McGladrey, LLP
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Timothy Adams; Founder/CEO, SA-Tech, Inc.
- Ward Barney; COO, Cadista Pharmaceuticals
- Ed Coleman; Retired Chairman and CEO, Unisys Corporation
- Angela Franco; President/CEO, Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Aris Melissaratos; Interim Dean, Brown School of Business and Leadership, Stevenson University, and former Secretary of DBED
- Williams "Brit" Kirwan; former Chancellor, University System of Maryland
- Susan Schwab; Professor, University of Maryland
- Dana B. Stebbins; Esquire/President & CEO, The Cornelius Group
- Edward M. Dunn; CEO of American Mechanical Services
- Timothy Hodge; Principal, Miles & Stockbridge
- Ricardo Martinez; President/CEO, Project Enhancement Corp.
- A. Nayab Siddiqui; President, Scientific Systems & Software International Corporation
- Robert Smelkinson; Chairman (retired), Smelkinson Sysco Food Services, Inc.
- Harold Stinger; Chairman of the Board, Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), Inc.
- Howard B. Bowen; CEO of Ewing Oil Company
- James T. Brady; Board Member of Dunbar Armored, Inc., and former Secretary of DBED
- Raymond J. Briscuso, Jr.; Executive with MedTech Conference Partners
- Brian C. Rogers; Chairman of T. Rowe Price Group
- Robert L. Wallace; President and Chief Executive Officer of Bith Group Technologies
- Julian B. Wills, Jr.; Chairman, President and CEO of The Wills Group, Inc.
- R. Michael Gill, Sr.; Secretary of Business & Economic Development
Julie Woepke, Program Manager, Military and Federal Affairs
Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development
401 E. Pratt St, 7th floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 3:00-4:30 pm at Governor's Reception Room, State House, 100 State Circle, Annapolis, MD
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 3:00-4:30 pm at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center, 40 South Carroll Street, Frederick, MD
- Monday, November 23, 2015, 3:00-4:30 pm at the Spartan Professional Development Center, 161 National Plaza, Suite 300, National Harbor, MD