The Governor's International Advisory Council provides strategic direction to the Governor and the agency on ways to enhance Maryland's global profile. Created in 2009, the board is comprised of 20 business and public executives from bioscience, manufacturing, finance, technology, education, agriculture, transportation and non-profit industries.
Chair Harold L. Adams is President of HLA, LLC and a recognized leader in the field of architecture. He joined RTKL in 1967 and built it from a small practice into a large, international architectural firm. Mr. Adams served as CEO and chairman until his retirement in 2004, when he was named chairman emeritus. A chairman of the World Trade Center Institute Board, Mr. Adams has served on many prestigious boards including Legg Mason, Lincoln Electric Holding, and the Commercial Metals Corporation.
- Carlos Ayala; Vice President, International Perdue
- Ron Daniels; President, Johns Hopkins University
- Earl Hance; Secretary, MD Department of Agriculture
- Ira Hoffman; Principal, Government Contracts & International, Offit Kurman
- Frank Islam; Chairman/CEO, FI Investment Group, LLC
- Reza Jafari; President, e-Development International
- William "Brit" Kirwan; Chancellor, University System of Maryland
- Alex Koff; Partner and Co-Chair of International Practice; Whiteford, Taylor & Preston
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Douglas Liu; Vice President, Global Operations, Qiagen
- Dr. Leslie Mancuso; President/CEO, JHPIEGO
- Ambassador Tom McDonald; Equity Partner, Baker Hostetler
- John McDonough; Secretary of State, State of Maryland
- Norm Oblon; Senior Partner, Oblon Spivak, LLC
- Maurice Tose'; President, TeleCommunication Systems
- Dr. Zhai Yifan; President, Chinese Biopharmaceutical Association of America
- Bill Burwell; USEAC, U. S. Export Assistance Center
- Dominick Murray; Secretary, DBED
- Deb Kielty; President, World Trade Center Institute
- Abba Poliakoff; Chairman, Maryland-Israel Development Center
- Signe Pringle; Program Director, DBED, Office of International Investment & Trade
- Robert Walker; Assistant Secretary, DBED, Division of Business & Enterprise Development
Signe Pringle, Program Director, International Investment and Trade
Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development
401 E. Pratt St, 7th floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
There are no meetings scheduled at this time.