The mission of the Life Sciences Advisory Board is to promote life science research, development, commercialization and manufacturing. Created in 2007, the 15 members represent federal agencies, biotechnology businesses and higher education.
Rachel King is CEO and founder of GlycoMimetics, a Gaithersburg, Maryland-based company developing a lead drug for sickle cell disease. Before co-founding GlycoMimetics, Mrs. King was an Executive in Residence at New Enterprise Associates (NEA), one of the nation's leading venture capital firms. Mrs. King came to NEA after serving as a Senior Vice President of Novartis Corporation. Before joining Novartis, Mrs. King spent 10 years with Genetic Therapy, Inc., a biotechnology company, which was acquired by Novartis. She received her B.A. degree from Dartmouth College and her M.B.A. from Harvard Business School. Mrs. King also currently serves as Chair of the Board of the
Biotechnology Industry Association (BIO).
- Eddy C. Agbo, DVM, PhD; Chairman and CEO, Fyodor Biotechnologies Corporation
- Kimberly Brown, PhD, CEO, Amethyst Technologies, LLC
- Stephen Desiderio, M.D., Ph.D.; Director, Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- Thomas M. Hyde, MD, PhD; CEO, Lieber Institute for Brain Development
- Mark A. Mlynarczyk; Senior Director, Executive External Relations, Medlmmune
- Dominick Murray; Secretary, DBED
- Karen E. Nelson; President; J. Craig Venter Institute
- Kathleen Kennedy Norris, Ph.D.; Director of Life Sciences Institute, Coordinator of Biotechnology, Baltimore City Community College
- Ted Olsen; President and CEO, Path Sensors, Inc.
- Patrick G. O'Shea, M.S., Ph.D.; Vice President and Chief Research Officer, University of Maryland College Park
- Jay Perman, M.D.; President, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Mark Rohrbaugh; Director, Office of Technology Transfer, National Institutes of Health
- Rob Rosenbaum; President and Executive Director, MD Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO)
- David W. Smith; Business Director, Lonza Walkersville, Inc.
- Col. Andrea Stahl, Ph.D.; Deputy Commander, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Ryan Sysko; Founder and CEO, WellDoc, Inc.
- Frank F. Weichold, MD, PhD; Director, Office of Critical Path and Regulatory Science Initiatives, US Food & Drug Administration
Judy Britz, Ph.D
Executive Director, BioMaryland Center
401 E. Pratt Street, 7th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
BioMaryland Center's Meetings and Reports page to learn more about past and upcoming meetings,