The Board's mission is to guide activities to develop and market the state as a destination. Created in 1993, the 24-member board is appointed by the Governor and includes hospitality industry executives from attraction, retail, food service, transportation and lodging sectors.
A past president of the Ocean City Hotel-Motel-Restaurant Association, Greg Shockley opened Shenanigan's Irish Pub 20 years ago. He is a founding member of Ocean City's Boardwalk Development Association, president of the Ocean City Development Corporation and a former member of the Restaurant Association of Maryland's board of directors.
- David Meloy; Secretary/Treasurer, President, Merit Hotel Group
- Christopher S. Schardt; Senior General Manager/General Growth Properties, Harborplace and the Gallery
- Judy Bixler; Owner/Captain, Oxford Bellevue Ferry
- Anthony Cohen; President, The Menare Foundation, Inc.
- Adolph Ebersberger, Jr.; Insurance and Financial Specialist (Retired)
- John Fieseler; Executive Director, Tourism Council of Frederick County, Inc.
- James Grube; Owner, Woodlawn Properties. LLC
- Patricia Heffelfinger; Executive Director, Maryland Soccer Foundation
- Rick Horwarth; Park President, Six Flags America
- Alice Lloyd; Owner, Bartlett Pear Inn
- Matthew Neitzey; Executive Director, Prince George's County CVB
- Heather Renz; Director of Marketing, Big Steaks Management
- Winifred Roche; Tourism Manager, Harford County Office of Tourism
- Vira Safai; Managing Partner, Comfort Inn Shady Grove
- Victor A. Sulin; Attorney at Law (Retired)
- John C. Astle; Senator, District 30, Maryland State Senate
- Wendell R. Beitzel; Delegate, District 1A, Maryland House of Delegates
- Pamela G. Beidle; Delegate, District 32, Maryland House of Delegates
- Jennie M. Forehand; Senator, District 17, Maryland State Senate
- Nancy Jacobs; Senator, District 34, Maryland State Senate
Denise Reed, Division of Tourism, Film & the Arts
Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development
401 E. Pratt Street, 1461
Baltimore, MD 21202
Click here for meeting dates.