The mission of the nine-member Maryland Venture Fund Authority is to oversee implementation of InvestMaryland, a public-private partnership to spur venture capital investment and fuel Maryland's innovation economy.
Peter Greenleaf is the President, CEO and Board member of Histogenics, a regenerative medicine company. Prior to Histogenics, Mr. Greenleaf served as President of MedImmune, the global biologics arm of AstraZeneca, where he was instrumental in driving the expansion of MedImmune’s pipeline into over 120 clinical and pre-clinical programs and the commercialization of its marketed products. Mr. Greenleaf also served as President of MedImmune Ventures, a wholly owned venture capital fund within the AstraZeneca Group, where he led investment in emerging biopharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostic companies. He received a Master of Business Administration degree from St. Joseph’s University and a Bachelor of Science degree from Western Connecticut State University.
- Goodloe E. Byron, Jr.; Founder/President, Potomac Investment Services
- Peter Greenleaf; Chairman, MedImmune, Inc.
- Brian Darmody; Associate VP of Research/Economic Development, University of Maryland
Michael Howard; Chairman/Managing Member, MJH Group, LLC
- Andrew Jones; Vice President of Corporate Strategy, High Street Partners
- Elizabeth Good-Mazhari; Director of Ventures, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Michael G. Miller; Principal, The Arundel Group
- Stephen Tien Wong; Chairman/CEO, Lore Systems, Inc.
Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development
401 E. Pratt St, 17th floor
Baltimore, MD 21202